What's the secret to still dancing through life at 106 years old? According to Virginia McLaurin: "Just keep movin!"
Ms. McLaurin was overjoyed to meet the President and First Lady at the White House last week to celebrate Black History Month, and she filled everyone around her with joy as well. Her mobility and positivity are an inspiration, and we hope everyone out there is also reminded and encouraged to keep moving!!
You can read more about this story by clicking here.
February 27, 2016
February 13, 2016
Workshop to create your Advance Directive for Healthcare
Monday, 02/22/2016 -AND- Monday, 02/29/2016
2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Jewish Family & Children's Services
2150 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94115
Cost: $20.00 for members and non-members
Contact: Janice Wallace
Join the Solo Aging Special Interest Group and the Seniors at Home program of the JFCS for “It’s About How You L.I.V.E” workshop to learn about and create your Advanced Directive for Healthcare.
This will be a two-part workshop. Sessions will be led by Redwing Keyssar, RN, Director of the Palliative Care Program at Seniors At Home, a division of JFCS, and Gwen Harris, MA, care manager.
- Overview of healthcare advocacy and how to make healthcare decisions for yourself as you age
- Learn about palliative care
- Learn about the different types of advance directives
- Hands on guidance and assistance in creating, completing or revising an Advance Directive for Healthcare
- You will understand the difference between the various advance care planning documents
- A notary will be available to notarize documents without charge